Easter 2013

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

For Easter this year, I tried to focus on the last week of the Savior's life throughout the week leading up to Easter Sunday. I got the idea here. Boy do I love that blog, I get so many ideas and so much inspiration from her. 

So, I made a list of things I wanted to do each day. Before bed each night (although we missed one or two, naturally), we read what Christ did that day. One night, we had all the kids take turns riding "dad the donkey" around the room while we waved "branches" over him, singing "Hosanna!" to replicate the Triumphal Entry. Another night, we had a special Passover-style dinner with lentil soup and pita bread with hummus. We all really enjoyed it and it totally transformed our focus on Easter.

The Easter Bunny kind of dropped the ball with Easter baskets this year, though. He kind of forgot that he (she) should have purchased items that promote spiritual growth as opposed to filling the baskets with Christmas stocking stuffers. Oh well, he'll remember that next year!


I also snagged this yarn idea from the same blog 71toes.com to have each kid wind up their piece of yarn, (which goes from their bedroom to their basket) and it was a hit. The kids loved the suspense leading up to their basket.


The Easter Bunny left his footprints again! 


Charlie ate about 20 Twix bars 

He couldn't even let them out of his hands while he stacked his new rings

And...group pictures. I always love the outtakes just as much as the perfect shot, because this is so my family.






Our Easter Bunny House 

Her new Legos Friends set 


Joe Cool 


We were lucky to have my mom and dad visit for Easter!


The whole family picture attempt:






The best one:



 Clark, Ella, Lucy

 My dad took this photo after church. This was our crazy face shot! I love this little family of mine, all mine.

Leave a Comment