Brady Lately

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Oh my Brady Boy. He is TEN and growing up for sure. He is challenging but also becoming a very responsible boy. He has a mind of his own and can't be forced to do something he doesn't want to do. I absolutely adore his love for the outdoors, fishing, animals, traps, and his endless amount of knowledge on all of those subjects. He has the BEST sense of humor and he has me legitimately laughing all the time. He is becoming a great little babysitter to his brothers and sister. He has a very hard and fast knowledge of right and wrong, although he often tries to blur the lines for his own teasings at home. :)

Me vs. Brady in a game of HORSE

We visited Mission San Jose for his 4th grade mission report

We love the show "Gold Rush" and he made his own sleuce box in the backyard to mine for gold

Receiving his Bear award at Scouts

Yet again, another random picture from church. He likes to keep busy drawing during Sacrament meeting.



While reading the The Friend magazine one month, he saw instructions for how to make your own butter. You basically put heavy cream in a mason jar and shake it for about 20 minutes. I couldn't believe how easy it was, and after adding a pinch of salt, it was delish.

Brady loved his baseball season this year. He played catcher most games. I think he likes not having to stand around and the continuous action. He earned the name "Sleepy" because he acts lethargic when he wants to. :)

Testing out his birthday present, a nice fly fishing rod, with Grandpa Fox. I love Brandon scootering in the background.



For his 10th birthday, my dad made this digital card for him. I miss that little darling boy!

This is quite a story. See the tarantula below?

Brady comes in one afternoon while I'm at my desk. He shows me this tarantula in his bug catcher and nonchalantly says, "Mom, look what I caught." I look over and give hardly any reaction because I am certain it is fake and that he's trying to scare me. So, he moves on to show dad. A few seconds later, Brandon is exclaiming, "Brittany, did you see this?!" I slowly turn around and am surprised by Brandon's gullibility. I say, "Are you serious? You can't tell how fake that is? I can't believe you fell for that." He says, "Brittany, that is REAL." To prove it, Brady comes closer and shakes the container. When it moves, I can't believe it. He freaking caught a tarantula! In my backyard! No big deal.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment