Lucy's Room

Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm getting around to posting more pictures of the progress we've made on the house. Lucy's room is probably my favorite room (maybe aside from the kitchen). It's been mostly finished for months, but there have been a few things I've wanted to do before considering it done (a very loose term). 

To refresh your (and my) memory, here is what Lucy's room started out as. A dreary, dingy, stale room with a big cracked window.




With nice holes all along the wall



After some blood, sweat, and tears, here is where we're at now. Welcome to Lucy's world!


Lucy inherited our queen bed when we upgraded to a Cal King


I had seen these scallops on a blog probably two years ago, and I knew without a doubt that I wanted to do them in Lucy's room. Painting the scallops was labor-intensive, especially trying to paint smooth lines on the textured walls, but even through the hours in the midst of all the chaos before we moved in, I was so happy and satisfied that I was making it happen.

 


These little shoes are so special to us. Aunt Joy gave them to Lucy, and they are the stars of one of my favorite pictures:



This is quite literally the center of Lucy's universe. She has spent hours upon hours at this vanity drawing, coloring, creating, and dreaming. She always has a little music playing, too.



Fairy Godmother (everyone's favorite!) and Brave 

I bought this dreamcatcher at PB Kids a few years back 


 

Leave a Comment

  1. I absolutely love all the pictures. Lucy is one adorable little girl. I keep thinking how I want to name my little girl Lucy just because yours is so darn cute!!! I love how you decorated her room too, so many great little meaningful touches. I wish you could be here to help me decorate Ry's office. I have no idea how to do it and I am clueless when it comes to decor. If you guys come to Utah any time soon, let us know. It would be so fun to meet up and me and you can tell tons of funny little boy stories and you can tell me how to raise a daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meliss! You are so kind. I remember Jack wanted to name a girl Lucy back in SL. It is a special little name! We will definitely have to meet up next time we're in Utah, that would be just perfect. There's nothing like knowing you're not alone with all of the boy craziness!

      Delete
  2. Are you kidding? All I have to say is, "You should blog more" and it happened? That was so easy! Let me try something else...

    Hey Britty, you should come to San Antonio.

    harhar...

    So Iove her cute little room. I think the scallops really make it special. It's all in the details...I'm loving these posts. Especially the no yelling...that's a good reminder. Really, we all have the ability to make that change, even if it seems IMPOSSIBLE...which sometimes it does. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pretty much, I'm a sucker for my fans. ;)

      Thanks for wanting to see updates, it makes me feel good. Love you tons!

      Delete
  3. Your ability to plan and to decorate is totally impressive (as are your photos of your well-decorated spaces). When we finally stop moving, will you help me decorate my rooms????

    The gray scalloped walls are so adorable and whimsical, and they're girlie but not obnoxiously so, so the room can grow with her. I love it for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! Honestly, just cataloging all of the looks and ideas I like on Pinterest is the best. That way I can hone down what I know I like. There are so many good ideas out there! And, your Dr. Seuss nursery was pretty amazing, too! Love ya!

      Delete