Our Family Traditions

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I was inspired by another talk we heard at church from our Stake President on family traditions. This is a topic that I have been passionate about since my BYU days, but have been quite lazy at executing. Nonetheless, after hearing this talk, I came home and went to work compiling a list of our family traditions. This way, I will actually remember what to do each holiday, and I will also realize, "Hey, we DO do a lot of fun stuff around here!" I love the thought of my children eagerly anticipating certain things throughout the year, and attaching strong feelings of love and closeness to those memories.

I like to keep things simple, not too much work to the point that I dread holidays. I know the list will continue to expand and change as our family grows. Also, not all of these are things I'm currently doing, but want to make traditions.


I also got a lot of fun ideas from this book.

Leave a Comment

  1. I love the idea of writing traditions down. I am sure that once I start writing I would realize we too have more traditions than I thought we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisette, you should! It's good to brainstorm not only what you do so that you don't forget, but what you'd like to do. It was fun to sit down as a family and go over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love this idea! I want to get that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I was inspired to write down our own family traditions. I printed up 2 pages worth, but yours looks so much better than my own. BTW, I love your Valentines tradition of the Wallace's party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SUCH a great idea! I totally have the same vision of my kids looking forward to family traditions throughout the year and carrying those traditions on with them to their own families. You always have the best ideas Britty :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete