Utah Travels

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

We took a trip to Utah over the summer for Jess's wedding and to visit family. It was a total blast. I was very brave and drove out all by myself (and minus Brady). Brandon ended up flying out a few days later. I was pretty drowsy the first 5 hours, but was perfectly fine after that. I kept busy calling lots of people on the phone. I remember Charlie stayed awake the entire time.

Here is our usual stop at the McDonald's in some city along the way (I can't keep track). Good place for the kids to run off some energy. 



We stayed the first two nights at Chris and Sarah's house, and then Evan and Kamille put us up for the  rest of the trip. Such hospitable family!

I don't remember the emotion from this picture, but it sure is cute.


Visiting one of my favorite places of all time: BYU Campus.

BYU Museum of Art

Picking out a shirt for Brando

Creamery Ice Cream

Bean Museum

We caught up with our friends the Haderlies for a day at the "beach". It was great fun, I'm sad I didn't get more pictures of all the kids. Lucy was hilarious, she was hitching rides in people's boats and kayaks left and right.


After Jess's Endowment at the temple, we went to Benihana. I had a special date that night.

He sure loved the pyrotechnics.

I got to meet up with some of my most beloved people ever, my coworkers from my working days at ah-ha.com. Oh how I love these people!


Alas, it was time to return home. We ran into Brandon's old roommate and buddy Justin Vance at the same McDonald's!

Stop at Cabela's in Reno for Brady boy

And finally, home! 

Leave a Comment

  1. I'm trying to convince Jer-Bear to take a trip to Utah for Spring break, but he's not feeling it. Bummer! I haven't been back for nearly 8 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up here! Love seeing these pics and loved seeing you guys this summer. So fun...I wished we lived closer because I think our big girls would be besties. Also, I hope you're getting to your NYC trip, cuz I'm excited to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete